Monday, October 6, 2008

No Kisses Please!

To quote Jim Carey in his penultimate role as Ace Ventura: "Ahhh-llllRIGHTythennnn!" That's what I have to say about 17 kids, more specifically, about one of those kid's mating habits. We were watching, since Cora had the remote and there wasn't much else on, the Duggars. The Duggars, for those of you who could care less about idiots with more kids than you have fingers, are a family with 17 kids and one on the way. Most of the specials we have seen (by we, I mean those that I have been forced to watch[really, she handcuffs me and everything]) have simply been based around how they handle feeding, clothing, or sheltering 17 kids.

In this particular special, one of the older boys...boys, he is 20 years old...decides he wants to take a bride. No, he and the girl have NOT been dating. He met her only a few times. Across state lines. He called her dad and asked for her hand. Then they(He and the DAD) made plans for the young man to meet the family (without the young lady's knowledge) at some podunk restaraunt and surprise her for her birthday, and asks her to marry him. Cool. The only thing is they agree not to kiss. Alright, you get that? I said KISS. I understand a belief that premarital sex is wrong, or to be avoided. Many cultures agree. I DO have difficulty believing the other part. They have decided not to kiss before marriage. So, when is king Arthur going to show up and take the bride away in his carriage? When is the other shoe going to drop and they will admit they were betrothed? Maybe I am just a child of the 20th century. That is just weird...maybe they should have a wedding up near the still and then have their honeymoon running the 'shine down to Nashville? OK, I am just expresing my dismay at some people's decisions. It surprises me, in today's society, that some could do that. Maybe it is to be respected...or not. Weird. It's almost like they are putting people down for making different decisions. Ok, maybe I went a little overboard on a show I would not have watched by choice.

How did my day go? Well, I began the day with NO PLANS, that is, my day as a sub. that seems to be a common theme lately. I made shit up...as usual. On the bright side, I worked like three hours and got paid for a full shift. I had an hour free for lunch. I got there at a quarter after nine. I left at 130. So, you tell me, did I have a hard day?

I came home and did some laundry and dishes. I sub tomorrow in the same HS class I did on Friday...she must've liked me...weird.

2 comments:

E said...

I have watched that show before back when it was "16 kids and preg again." Them and that tater tot casserol they made. Chores are called juristictions. Are they Mormons?

frogglet said...

I don't think we missed anything in fact I look forward to celebrating thos 5 years we spent unmarried tomorrow. I love you,
Cora