Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lost Files, Found Files, Cost Files, Round Files



Tonight I was searching our collection of backup discs searching for something specific...I will relate it in a later post. The point is I find that my best efforts to back up important files are somehow lacking. I have numerous CDs with duplicate pictures on them, but I seem to be missing several word files that are important to me. I meant to post a wonderful letter I had written some 8 years ago, but instead found a stupendous array of photos. I decided to share a few with you tonight.


I was looking for the letter I had written the eye doctor that had done surgery on me. It was pretty funny and I thought posting it might be easier than coming up with new shit. Shit. I was also attempting to ignore the socially inept characters on Grey's Anatomy, which Cora insisted on watching because I was engrossed in my computer. I was not, but you can bet I tried. She tried to discuss the show with me, but, attempting to sound like very caring and considerate man I am, I told her to post a comment on Blissfully Caffienated's blog and leave me alone (because Blissfully will certainly be ogling all the *blyech* "hunks" on that show).


I drove to CSU Chico everyday to earn my BA. I found Chico to be a town I liked. Here is a picture I took, wishing I had a better camera and more choices for lighting. Still, a bit of cropping and viola, it might be a master piece...

And this one was also in Chico. Same building, actually.

And Campus had its share of pretty sites, this is the most appropriate.

We went on a vacation to visit home. We drove up the California Coast and then the Oregon Coast. We found an animal park and this is a picture of the young me holding a bear cub...he was strong, but unimaginably cuddly, or he would have been without the claws.

We went to San Francisco one time(Several, actually) and were amazed to find gas prices so high! Crazy High we thought! How wrong we were! Those were the good old days!(thanks Em for taking this picture!

We also visited Yosemite...a three hours drive that turned out to be five...I am not sure Cora has forgiven me yet for that slight miscalculation...

These would not be pictures of California if I did not show a close up of rice...

On our fourth anniversary Cora bought me a GPS. I began geocaching almost immediately. Here is a picture of me at the end of one of our earlier excursions. This happened to be a group of pillboxes used during WWII for training. They are not far from Beale AFB.
Also, pictures of our area of CA would not be considered very accurate if you do not show a Live Oak...here are a few.

I always thought acorns grew from twigs...apparently there were several wood peckers or some other critter that thought Acorns belonged in the tree that shed them...


And the front end of Toby as a puppy...



and the back end...fitting as the last! Note: Grass stain, he was ALL BOY!

3 comments:

frogglet said...

great old pictures but my favorite is still toby's bum!

Lorrene said...

Love all the interesting pictures. As to the lost files, were floppy's before your time? Maybe that is where you will find them. I saved a ton of stuff on those floppy discs and now I can't look at that stuff any more. I saved some pretty dumb stuff back then.

Anonymous said...

I definitely spent Thursday evening ogling all the hunks on Grey's. In fact it's the highlight of my week. Cora is welcome to come over and put in her 2 cents!

Hi Grandma!