Saturday, November 28, 2009
And Friday we relaxed. Lots of sitting, some laying, small, small amounts of standing, and lots of snacking. Thats what we did Yesterday...Well, Cora did not do as much snacking as I did. In all it was a very good day. I spent a lot of time moving things into my new computer.
Friday, November 27, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
- I was recognized by two students standing in the foyer of the theater.
- They were NOT attending a movie.
- They, coincidentally, were there for popcorn.
- And video games.
- And they were giving their brother some time alone with his girlfriend.
- In the car in the parking lot.
- The two students, 5th and 7th graders, said it was boring in the car, so they came in the theater.
- for the popcorn and the video games.
- Cora and I thought the brother and girlfriend might not be talking as much now that the little brother and sister were out of the car.
- That might have been more interesting to the kids than talking.
- The theater was packed, except for two seats next to me.
- There was a lady who decided, at the last moment, to sit down next to me. She was wearing pink jeans and ear muffs (I don't know why/ she was wearing the ear muffs/ I guess she'll die[sorry, I had to throw in the song]).
- Her boyfriend/husband was wearing a shower cap (NOT kidding! How could I make this shit up?).
- She did not take the ear muffs off for the entire movie.
- He didn't take off his shower cap, either.
- There was an inordinate amount of ooohing and ahhing from the entire crowd (I am speaking of the women) when Jacob took his shirt off (As if a flat stomach and muscular body was attractive) to selflessly wipe a small cut on Bella's head.
- Someone was humming somewhere in the theater for a good thirty seconds...and Cora didn't hear it.
- There was a lady behind us somewhere who cackled, giggled, and might as well have wolf-whistled(forgive the pun) whenever Bella and Jake got close or Jake's clothes came off.
- The young lady RIGHT behind us kept saying "Shut UP!" increasingly louder, but that appeared to have no bearing on the crazy lady's laughing.
- They still ask you to turn your cell phone OFF during the movie.
- Every person in the theater had a cell phone.
- Each of them checked their cell phone at least twice for the time.
- Most of them have to be ON to tell the time.
- Ear Muff Lady AND Shower Cap Man, BOTH, had short conversations on their phones DURING the movie.
- Ear Muff Lady confirmed my suspicions that she might be uncouth, when she produced some very vulgar language during the movie.
- A girl beside Cora actually brought the book New Moon...I suppose to compare and contrast more readily.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Do you think it is coincidence that the New Moon movie is out and the real moon can only be seen by the thinnest of crescents (i.e., new moon)?
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
A big Hearty THANKS to those of you who have served in our nation's armed forces! I personally have never been in the armed forces, but I have always been fascinated by the men and machines of the armed forces. I have many veterans in my family. My grandfather was in
These men, their sacrifices, and their exploits should never be forgotten. That is one of the reasons I run my other blog. When possible, I enjoy a personal anecdote. I have consulted with veterans from WWII,
For those of you I have not met, or those I know, but whose stories I have not begged for, thank you. Thank you.
Since today is Veteran's day, I don't have to work...for a school district. I do have to work for the wife. I am folding laundry. Now, the question is, do you see what I see?
Now, don't go looking for clothing types, the point of the picture is looking out from under the clothes.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Since about a month ago, I had been agonizing over a post for my airplane wreckchasing site. I had great big plans for it. It was my first post of a B-29 accident (For those of you who don't know, the B-29 was my first favorite bomber, and if you aren't a male, then you had just better go back to your Barbie Dolls and leave us men folk alone because you'll never understand it) and I wanted it to be special. I did a lot of reading. I read about the engines. I read about the economic, political, and military events of the era. I read about B-29. Then I read and reread the reports. I then wrote my post. Then I posted it, only a day late for the 62nd anniversary of the crash. I suppose it is acceptable. Given my other posts, I believe there to be fewer typos and mistakes, so all-in-all, it is a decent post. Still, sometimes you just want something to be more than it is.