Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's Happening

Last night when we got home, we decided to rent a movie. We have always enjoyed M. Night Shyamalan's movies, so we thought, why not rent The Happening? Well, apparently every other person and his mother had the same idea. So, I had to settle on Iron Man. I left my number should they get a copy of The Happening in later. Sure enough, they did. So, at 9pm, I went over (two whole blocks) and got it. We were tired, so we decided to watch it this morning. It is good movie. A bit more gore than I prefer, but then again, I do like war movies, so it didn't bother me a bunch. I have liked his other movies better, but this was good.

I did notice something, however. All of M. Night Shyamalan's movies occur on the EAST COAST. I feel VERY safe living on the WEST COAST. You see it is unlikely that a bunch of weirdos build a town in the woods here, because they did that on the East Coast. It is unlikely the Aliens will want us, since they did that on the East Coast. It seems highly unlikely that any of us will See Dead People, since that also happened on the East Coast. This latest movie had some inanimate objects apparently angered by the human presence there... Seems unlucky to live on the East Coast.

This morning I got up at 8am. I was annoyed with the dog...he had somehow wormed his way into the bed and forced me to sleep on my side. There was also some sort of low pitched rumble. It was coming from the firing center. This is the Yakima Training Center, and it is my understanding that it is a sub-set to Fort Lewis.


I decided to drive up and see if I could see any action from the public side of the fence. I took the video camera and the still camera. I got audio of the explosions from up there, but I could not locate the source visually. My asumption is they were practicing their artillery artwork in the opposite valley. I did however, get a few still pictures looking back toward our own valley. I used my sunglasses to filter a few pictures. I hope you like these pictures, which show some of our local flora.
the next is looking south...

4 comments:

frogglet said...

It has been nice watching movies today.

Kim said...

WOW.. nice pictures..
Sorry the dog kicked your butt out of bed...
That is what happens when we let our fur-babies rule the house..
Have a Great Evening..

Lorrene said...

You always get the best pictures. The east coast doesn't get them all. Karen thinks all the murderers are from Tacoma. She can name off a whole list of them, but Ted Bundy is the only one that comes to mind right now.
Toby must have noticed the temperture change That dog is not dumb. It got a tad bit chilly last night.

E said...

Don't you love waking up to a paw in the back or just the tip of the pillow because the pet kicked you off that too?