Monday, March 1, 2010

And Then There Were Eight...

But, unlike the TV show of the 1970s, eight is never enough.  We counted last night and noted that, setting aside books that have been purchased, we are down to eight left!  How awesome is that!?!?  We will just have to make another printing.  OH! and good news!  I have finished the Transportation series.  There are twenty-five cars, trucks, airplanes, tractors, boats, and trains ready to be made into a coloring book in the next few days!

It is hard to believe our little idea has met such acceptance.  I did not think we'd sell the first 25 to be honest.  Of course, that was before the reports, via e-mail, fan mail, phone calls, and direct observation of just how much the  proud new owners of my coloring books enjoy their books.  I hope, if you haven't already, you'll click on over and have a look at what I am talking about.

Yesterday, we went grocery shopping.  It was nice to get out for awhile, but we never seem to get everything done that we'd like to.  Alas, the weekend was over too fast.

I did begin a post for my airplane blog.  I stopped when I needed more source material.  I wrote a quick email to a gentleman that works for the USAF and viola, this morning's email had some more information on the airplane I was writing about!  How awesome is that?  It helps that I have discovered a nifty way to use Google that allows me to view newspapers from years ago!  Still, you would think a jet aircraft falling from the skies would be a bigger deal and maybe someone would put it in a newspaper!  Apparently the people of Spokane are made of sterner stuff, though!  Or, maybe I just need to expand my search parameters.

Well, I should get ready for another day teaching math, or, rather, watching the students do math that I can't...at least without finding a friend smarter than me or realizing that there is very little use for it in my life and throwing my hands up in the air in disgust and walking away.

5 comments:

Kim said...

YEA.. I am ready to order the next coloring book.. can't wait..
Have a great week..

frogglet said...

I can't believe our book sales are so good. I think it is your charm that is selling the most.

Charissa said...

Looking forward to the new book. Cora's dresses are awesome too!!

SpunkyBookworm said...

So happy to hear about the book sales! I may click over to get a couple for the Blood Center kids. I haven't really checked out where or how you're going about adopting. I just know that's a goal, but I've had you and Cora on my mind for the past week because I remember an organization: http://www.showhope.org/ that I don't know if you've seen or not. Just a thought. Let me know if you've heard of it.

Thanks for continuing in reading my blog! It's great to hear your humor. You always made me laugh in HS.

denise said...

Transportation series? Sweet! My kid is going to be thrilled with that one.