Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Birthday Thanks, #36

Let me just say, ahead of time, thank you to all of you who have or will issue me a Happy Birthday today!  It is greatly appreciated.  Cora woke me up sometime after mid-night to wish me a happy birthday.  I love that.  My family will probably text me and call.  I enjoy that.  It is all appreciated.  Thank you.  I used to call people at midnight to wish them a happy birthday...I am glad, however, no one returned the favor.

I should probably thank my Mother and the Academy...hold on, I'm NOT an actor?  O.K., never mind the academy thing.  Thanks Mom for the effort, it was not wasted.  I am alive and well.

Cora asked me what I wanted for my birthday.  I told her.  She said, "how about something I can afford?"  Ah, well.  I figure if you can't dream big...well, you can't get what you want unless you ask, anyway.  Actually, any more, there isn't much I have a desire to own that I cannot get myself...I suppose that is a sign of getting old.

I have been working maintenance this week.  Which is to say yesterday.  Oh, and it has proven just how out of shape I am.  I thought, jee, I'm probably a LITTLE out of shape, but it won't be THAT bad.  Well, I was wrong.  I am WAYYYYYYY out of shape.  My task was to trade some furniture from one school to another.  Trading tables for desks.  Not, in the overall scheme, difficult.  Still, it is amazing how many of my muscle groups have not seen service in a very long time.  I broke a sweat and had sore muscles and joints before the end of the day!  How pathetic!

I don't believe there are any big plans for my birthday, which is just as well.  I hope to spend the part that I am not at work with my wonderful wife.  Truly, that is a great birthday present in itself.  I have great friends and great family, but I married the person I love to be around.  I hope I did not gag you all with my sappiness.


I hope you all have a good day!

2 comments:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Happy Birthday!

Lorrene said...

Your snail mail card is in the mail. I didn't get it in the mail until yesterday, so it might not get out there today.

Have a wonderful sappy birthday!!