Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dances With Daffodils


I mowed the lawn yesterday and did some work outside while Cora worked inside.  It was a good day.  I finished the last book of the Percy Jackson series.  I enjoyed it by the way, and if you want a fast read with a decent plot and fun time, I recommend it.

When I was in high school, we had to write a Beowolf-esque story.  One that bragged about the hero's prowess in battle and his great abilities.  Dances With Wolves, the Kevin Kostner movie, had not been out very long, so I chose to title mine, "Dances With Beowolves."  I don't recall the grade I got, but I think it was higher than normal for me.  I somehow managed decent grades in English, well, not counting Freshmen year, anyway.  Anyway, that's what today's title reminded me of...sorry.

I took the camera out to record our daffodils.  I did a little with paint shop and came up with these.  The bottom one reminds me of the photos in a 1940s Kodak How To Take Photos book I have somewhere.
I have drawn a few more animals and we are VERY close to the last image!  I am very happy about it.  I need to go ahead and finish the last ones though.  I suppose I should stop blogging and go do that...

No comments: