Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year to ALL and to ALL a Good Night!

Yesterday, as Cora was walking in the door, I was putting the last touches on a masterpiece. I had, in the past ten minutes had a glorious idea and was in the midst of bringing that wonderful little gem into being. I had taken a look at one of her empty coffee creamer jars and the starving birds outside and put two and two together. I created a bird feeder.

Cora took a look at it and snorted, then went off to the bedroom to talk to her sister on the phone. I finished my little project and hung it out on the fence. The picture below shows I am NOT crazy, but a definite genius!
Yes, that's a bird eating out of my BIRD FEEDER! HAH! Take that Cora!

Below is a shot of the trees just as it had began to snow.
As the morning wore on and I went from store to store the traffic went slower and slower.
In fact there was traffic in places there usually wasn't. You'd think it was the day before a major holiday!
It snowed so hard it blotted out some buildings...
When I finally got home, I unloaded the truck and let the dogs out. You can see Toby heads for the nearest bush...as usual.
after I shoveled the walk, he was not done and decided to initiate the light pole...well, this is its 1,270,004th initiation to dog pee...
Note, I had JUST shoveled the walk...maybe 3 minutes before...
Cora got off work early! Tonight we decided to go for a walk. As we were walking along...after the city guys had decided NOT to plow our area-but I'll address that in a later post...we saw someone washing their car...
Yes, that is someone washing a van...with snow all around. if they take that damned thing out on the highway it is going to get muddy...just like everyone else's. Cora and I were a little confused by this apparent obsessive compulsive behavior...but some people are just odd.

Below you see Cora on our wonderfully plowed streets...I think the right way is to get the snow OFF the street, NOT compact it so it is even hard to walk on...
She told me about a blog she reads and this person had done some sort of swirl technique with their SLR camera...I thought I might be able to approximate it...here is my second try. Also, I gave her some Romulan Ale before our walk...I had some too.
The trees have rime on them...they look so pretty in the dark...here is a shot:
This is a shot of Cora before she attacked me with a snow ball! Devious.

And this is as close to a junkyard dog as we can get, still, it looks a little demonic, huh? It has an extreme under-bite, which is not shown in the photo. Shortly after this it levitated and spoke to us in an unearthly voice...it wanted to know where we kept our kibble...weird. As it was still chained up, we ignored it and walked on.
and finally we decided a couple New Years Eve Photos were in order...
Note the dogs in this last one?

So, may you all have a wonderful new year! I hope 2010 goes better than 2009. I hope those of us who want kids get them and those of us who don't give them to those who need them! So there!

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

frogglet said...

Happy New Year! Thank goodness that glorious bird feeder is in the back yard otherwise the neighbors might steal it.

Peta-maree said...

Happy New Year. I hope that this year brings you lots and lots of joy. Nice Bird Feeder......

Anonymous said...

The bird is glad the feeder is in the back if someone is going to take it. Happy New year, and may you get your little man soon.
cjr