Sunday, July 6, 2008

I'm Invisble! You See Me? Shoot...No! Don't Shoot!


I went shooting today. I only took up a couple guns. Mostly, I just plinked (for those of you who don't like guns or have never gone shooting in your life, plinking is what you do when there is no big game to shoot...and since I have never gone hunting...it's all I do...mostly you shoot bottles, cans, or whatever happens to present itself as a target.) I did, however, think to take the camera…and my ghillie suit. Here are the pictures. I also got video of me firing my Russian rifle. It is a Nagant, and kicks like a mule. I think the footage (hmmm, there is an archaic term in the digital age) shows I handled that pretty well. I have bruises to show for it...I always do when I use that gun. I think I am going to take it easy from here on out. Hope your Sunday is going well.
I am watching a movie that my cooperating teacher let me have last year. It’s called Nukes In Space. I have not watched it until now. I think it qualifies as Cold War education. It describes Project Argus. It was intended to experiment with disrupting the ionosphere. If you detonate an atomic bomb in the ionosphere, the charged particles spread out and create a blackout of radio communications in a particular area. William Shatner narrates it. So far, it’s a good little movie. During Project Hard Tack, a detonation affected the Hawaiian Island power grid. Kind of fascinating.

My Father-In-Law helped me move the Mazda back from behind the shop (Here in town we have a garage that supposedly fixes cars, but the guy did not fix mine) and now it sits in the alley behind the house. I think my Father-In-Law is going to fix it. As far as I am concerned, since it hasn’t run in 2 or is it 3 years, he can have it.

2 comments:

frogglet said...

What were those 1st pictures? Where were you? All I saw was the gun, LOL. I am glad you have a good time.

Kim said...

I can't see you... where r you at....
Looks like you had a fun day...
Have a Great Week..