Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July


Happy Independence Day! I trust everyone is observing it because we are no longer a colony of Britain and not just having fun because they got a day off. Well, I am JUST HAPPY TO HAVE A DAY OFF! Ha, you thought I was going to berate you for not observing the holiday! Well, you can do that from your front porch…see, there’s fireworks!


How would they say it in Mexico? Feliz Quatro de Julio? Well, Iam unsure of how to write or say July in spanish...I guess that's as good as it gets!

It has been hot all week. This morning…it rains. Even now, the rain is coming down. I like it. I have the windows open and am enjoying the rainy smelling breeze. The dog does not enjoy it so much, he poked his head out the dog door and then looked at me as if to say “Can’t I pee inside today?” I told him to go on out. He did, but you could tell he doesn’t enjoy getting wet, unless it’s under his terms.

I have been meaning to share some pictures of my perfect little niece and nephews. First, I have to show you all one of my favorite pictures of her…showing her in my jacket and with an angelic little halo. It has been a few years since I took it, but isn’t she darling?

And then, one day last fall, my sister and brother-in-law decided to buy a van. They asked if we would mind watching the kids for a while…Well, I have a hard time turning down a chance to see my favorite niece and nephew any day, so OF COURSE! We took the kids to the park…I got these excellent pictures. And, because of the colors, I think they are perfect for the Fourth of July. Happy Independence Day!
My Niece could not decide which direction to fly, so she went both ways in turn...I think she was a little wound up...





Cora liked this one so much she used Adobe Photoshop on it, I think it turned out well!

5 comments:

frogglet said...

The kids are super cute. I know you have been dying to add pictures so I am glad you finally asked your Sis.
Happy 4th of July in English. I love you. I hope we have a relaxing day that is what I need, after the drama of last week.

Anonymous said...

You picked out some very special ones. Cora, I love what you did with that one of your nephew. Good job. Hope you get to see a few fireworks. This year I got into buying the fireworks and bought one that with go up, up, and away into the night sky. Actually, it has something like 6 big something. A $30 firework. Just so I can say I did it too. Blow up money....Ha ha ha...Happy Fourth of July. Love From Your Mom

Lorrene said...

I love those pictures. What cute kids.

Kim said...

LOVE The pictures..
They are soooo cute...
Love the last picture...
Have a Great Day..

Anonymous said...

they kids are gorg!! yes jun is espanyal is julio!!

love the last one cuteee~!!

kylee