Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sully, Scissored and a Swift School Day.

I worked an extra hard day today. I got up about 530AM to look for job. Shortly after that I got one. A Spanish teacher at the High School. Crud, I could not go back to sleep, since I would have to leave a little after Seven AM. So, I sat there and played Space Domination on Facebook. Finally, I went to take my shower and left for work.

I got there and got the class lists and went to the classroom. No plans. I knew there were some on line, so I tried to print them. No luck, since the computer only showed a paragraph. I called the secretary and she said she would print them and I could come get them. When I got there she asked me if I knew that I would not have a class until 3rd period. That was at 945. So, I hurried home to try beat Cora to scraping the ice off her car. I did and she left for work.

I then called for the cat. I had attempted to cut some mats off the cat last night. Unfortunately, he zigged as I zagged. He gave a half-hearted meow, and I felt something not quite right. I had cut into my precious kitty with the scissors. Cora has warned me for years, and, except for a couple small snips, I have chided her for being so wrong. Last night was horrible. There was no blood, but it was obviously more than a scratch. (more like a slash.)

I took the cat in this afternoon, for his shots and his scissor wound. The vet looked at that and said, "We want to give him some sutures and keep him over night." ARGH! That means money! Still, even though Sully has not complained, nor has he bled, I feel we need to take care of him before it gets infected. Cora thought so, too. So, off he went, to surgery. I will pick him up tomorrow and kiss a big wad of money I don't have good bye.

If you are unfamiliar with Sully, he is the most laid back cat I have ever seen. You can hold him in any position. You can give him a bath and all he does is complain verbally. I have picked him up by almost every limb(gently), including his tail, and all he does is wait to be petted.

I went to work at 945AM and arrived just in time. Then, after a LONGGGGGG day speaking poor Spanish, I packed my bag at 130PM and went home to round up the cat. Yes, that was an extremely short day. It is one of those rare things that I am sure all subs live for. Short day, full pay!

Apart from the cat debacle, it wasn't a bad day.


Grandma Blog said...

I had a very short day, myself. I honestly don't know what happened, but I thought it was about 11:30 and glanced at the clock. It was 1:30. I thought the battery in the clock had stopped working and I just had not noticed it. Then I looked at my watch and it was 1:30 also. I don't know where the two hours went. maybe I was abducted by a space alien.

Cora said...

Poor Kitty :0(
In my next life I am going to be a vet with the prices they charge I could actually afford for my cat to have surgery.
Hope he does not come home bald?

Love ya