Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cat Cruelty or Feline Frailty...

Let's have a moment of silence for Sully...he misplaced his coat (Yes, he's still live!).

As we all know, I had an accident with the kitty. Sully, our cat had bad mats. I accidentally cut him with scissors, which required an all too expensive batch of sutures and an overnight stay with the vet. I picked him up tonight...he looked pathetic...looks pathetic. He might be a little embarrased, too.
You see, they asked if we would like to have him "De-matted." (For a price, of course) I think they knew they had a guaranteed customer. I mean, what was I going to say? "Nah, I want to try it again with the scissors, I don't think I will cut him again...huh? Yeah, see you again tomorrow." Yeah, it was a no brainer. I expected he would look a little blotchy, but...naked? Hmmm....
Funny thing is they left his tail, his head, and both front legs untouched.
I feel horrible! I can't believe I did such a thing! He is spending his time in our bedroom. It's warmer and he isn't supposed to go out side. If he did go outside, he would surely freeze. Then where would I be? Frozen, sliced, stitched, hairless cat...isn't it bad enough he is nearly bald? At least he still purrs. I love that cat.

6 comments:

Lorrene said...

It's really hard to keep from cutting them when they have so much hair. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Peta-maree said...

Oh No. I know how you feel I have 2 long haired cats and I have cut them before so now I always get someone else to do it. i still wash them every other week while getting soaked myself.

He will forgive you.

frogglet said...

Well, now he really lives up the nick name puppy-cat he looks like a poodle, a very skinny poodle.
good thing he is so laid back I still think the vet could have stitched it without putting him under.

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Yikes!

Hey...you were the inspiration for this week's FFFF...so you BETTER participate!!

Kim said...

OUCH.. glad you don't have to listen to him whine like Delilah..
Have a great Weekend..

E said...

Ha ha, now that is funny! I don't mean the cut part, I mean the shaved part.. You may want to invest in a good electric shaver. I shave the sheltie in the summer and leave his tail, head and legs. He walks around acting all embarrassed for days. lol