Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Cora and I just got up from a sumptuous dinner that she cooked! Lemon and Garlic Chicken! I threw in a bit of sauted zuchini, we made a salad, and then followed it with a glass of wine...how better to spend Valentine's Day evening?

Today we worked on the house. I removed a table from the ex-computer room and worked on gutting the room a little, but was largely unsuccessful. We decided to move some of the plants. We bought two small 13w florescent lights to allow us more flexibility in placement of said plants. My Banana is still in the window, but I moved the African Violet that Grandma gave me. It is not in the dining room and is under one of the lamps. The Philedendron remains, but it is hardy, so I see no difficulty from it.

We went to town for a few items and returned to clean. Now we are sitting enjoying the wine and watching Star Wars on tv. I seriously can't recall a better February 14.

3 comments:

frogglet said...

Thanks for a great valentines day! Glad dinner was a winner.
We will eventually tackle that room.

Love ya!

Lorrene said...

Glad to know the African Violet is still among the living. Has it ever bloomed for you?

Your Valentines day sounds like a winner.

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

NOTHING says romance like Star Wars!