Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Score ONE Jim!


Admiral Timothy Keating delivered a rousing story at the decommissioning. I was most impressed with my first official admiral. Thennn......




Last year I bought a Cruise book on ebay. It's like a yearbook for a navy ship. It was from the USS Kitty Hawk's 1981 Westpac tour. I forgot about it until yesterday! I looked into it tonight. I thought, what if Admiral Keating was in there, tht would be cool...and look!! Viola!



I managed to win a few other Kitty Hawk things on ebay today, too. One was a challenge coin and another was a postal cover...a postal cover is an envelope that has a stamp cancelled by the ship's post office...well, this was supposed to be among the last ons cancelled by her post office. I am now waiting to obtain patch.

Here are pics of my cruisebook.



Cool, huh? Ebay normlly sells them for bout $200 each...I got mine for considerably less!

Here is Cora and me on our way back from Bremerton aboard the ferry...She is trying NOT to smile and NOT to look at the camera...isn't Cora cute?


In this one, I had assured her it would be complimentary...I think it worked.



Today, I subbed for a kinder class and had a student teacher do the work for me. All in all it was a good day! Then I tried to cut the mats out of the cat and nearly cut the cat off the mat...Still, there wasn't much blood, and I will take him to the vet, so, all is good, right?

6 comments:

Lorrene said...

You cut the cat???

Poor Sully.

Jimh. said...

just a little bit...

frogglet said...

The cat is actually better than Jim. But he needs his shots anyway so we will still take him in.

Jimh. said...

who needs his shots? Me or the cat? be more specific!

frogglet said...

both actually, but only one must be administered by a vet.

E said...

Did you take him in yet? The cat that is.