Me and my sister approximately 1983 at the Yakima Airshow.
As though I need a reason to post about myself, Diana has forced me to go through my photos and find pictures of me. The trouble is, I have, out of necessity had to skip the majority of my life. The theme for this week is "Me." I, personally, can't think of a better theme.
Some things about me:
* I was born in "General Hospital."
* I got my glasses in 3rd grade.
* I began to have others call me Jim, instead of Jimmy, in the 7th grade.
* I have liked airplanes forever...for reasons unknown to me my fifth grade teacher referred to me as "B-17!" in the years afterward...probably because he forgot my real name.
* I also dig navy ships.
* I am actually a genius, but I don't spread it around, and purposely act like an idiot to throw people off my track!
* I am a Substitute teacher, popular with the kids because I refuse to grow up. But History is my main thing!
Enough of that, here are the photos.
My bestfriend and me. 1992
Me and my bestfriend, 1992
A favorite Halloween costume of mine...that was hard work!
My Dad and I crossing to Seattle from Bremerton aboard a ferry.
Look at this hot girl I tricked into going out with me!
She was even in my bedroom!
This is a candid photo my sister took of me during a good friend's wedding. I have always liked it.1998?
Cora and I have travelled...not quite to Paris...Walt Disney World, though.1999.
My love of airplanes has remained a secret, so I will out myself. This is one of only 4 B-36s remaining...I have seen two of them. I am sure this is the first time I have mentioned this.2004.
I have a thing for anchors, this is the 20,000 lb anchor of the USS Tripoli, which was pierside at Mare Island when I visited. 2004.
Although, rarer than anchors, I also have a thing for BOMBS...this is a Mark III atomic bomb shape.2005.
This is me on the beach, near Edmonds, Washington, 2006.
I discovered I like kites in 2006.
This is me attempting to be artistic...note the pear on the wall...I did that in 2004, in California.
Look, me and a Cactus! 2008.
PIMA AIR MUSEUM, Tucson, AZ. 2008.
McChord AFB airshow! 2008!
Me, in the Co-pilot seat of a C-17 Globemaster III! 2008.
Fourth of July Self-Portrait!
Co-workers, Friends, and an in-law. summer, 2008.
Cora and I, February 29, 2008.