Saturday, January 10, 2009

Commissioning, Decommissioning, Make Up Your Mind!

Cora and I slept in. My dad called and said the commissioning of the aircraft carrier USS George H. W. Bush (CVN-77) was on CNN. So, we got up and watched it. A few presidents put in an appearance, and some admirls mde some speaches. It was very interesting to me, but neither Cora nor CNN seemed able to stay focused. Oh, well.

I then put two and two together and it dawned on me why this and the decommissioning were taking place at this time. The GHWB will replace Kitty Hawk as a unit in the Navy. It allows the navy to stick with the 11 carriers alotted them and move the old crew accordingly. For a short time, two weeks, the US has an extra carrier. We used to have 13 Carriers...amazing what the loss of a full-time enemy does.

Cora and I cleaned up. She did the laundry and I did the dishes. I cleaned the kitchen while she paid bills. I was not about to complain, as I despise the bill paying.

We decided to go to town for some groceries and to finally take Grandma her Christmas gift from us. I think she liked the gift card to Borders. We also got lunch at Panda Express. Apparently, Yakima was in desparate need of a Chinese restaraunt...I think we mentioned that earlier last year...because after being open almost a month, it is still packed.

Now, we are back. We neglected to get groceries, but there is always tomorrow. Overall, it was a relaxing day.

I think we have enough beer to last the night and fixings for a simple dinner...what more could we ask? Hmmm, not so sure about the beer...

I will leave you with the Sedona Skyline.

honey, do we have any more beeerrrr????

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like a great day...
Nice picture..
And you dont' need anymore nasty beer....lol..

frogglet said...

sorry no more beer
it was a nice day