Friday, August 8, 2008

Lucky Eights!!

So, today is the first day (our time) of the Olympics. Apparently we did well in a soccer game (futball) against Japan. They had the opening ceremonies while I was sleeping and the networks won't show them till tonight.

Here is a little trivia. The Chinese think of the number 8 as a lucky number because it sound like the word for prosperity, and since today is the eighth day of the eighth month of the eighth year of this century, it should be a pretty good Olympics. To say they have pulled out all the stops would appear to be an understatement. What other country can mobile thousands of people to pull algae out of the ocean...we have two fish tanks and sometimes the algae there seems overwhelming. What other country can tell their citizens to stay in to keep congestion down...and expect it to happen? What other country tells its citizens to walk to work instead of drive because it wants to have clean air for the competitors to breathe...mind you, I am not syaing Chinese clean air is the same you would find in Mt. Rainier National Park...I think it is a matter of comparison for them.

Today is FRIDAY!!! If the 8s don't do it, the fact that this is the end of the work week certainly qualifies this as an auspicious occasion. I hope to get my computer today, the guy said he had not quite used an hour on it yesterday and it was not quite up to speed. Apparently the little applications such as scanning a drive and such takes time which they don't charge for since the technician has to wait for it anyway. I just can't wait to get my computer back. I had no idea it would be so long...I miss my little Toshiba Satellite...Now i want to play that Dave Matthew's song...Sat-el-lite...

Well, I will eventually get some video on here...Cora had the computer last night. I was lucky to have the chance to check my mail...she was IM-ing some weirdo in AZ and setting up an Etsy store for her blankets instead of letting me surf the net!

The Chili went over VERY WELL. Not sure what to have tonight...maybe Ki Ki's again...if the computer is done.


I will leave you with a view of Seattle traffic...I wonder how it compares with Beijing's...

2 comments:

Kim said...

Weird-o.....
You got that all wrong...
The BEST WEIRD-O..
Get it right..
Have a Great Day..
Better get that changing table done or NO fun for you this weekend..

frogglet said...

I hope your day was lucky! And stop making me sound like a meany you could have used the computer while I was painting.
Happy Friday!!