Monday, August 25, 2008

Helena

I can think of no better name for her than Helena. The subject of my post is, for your information, a kitty. Not just any kitty, though. This kitty was in a pipe...apparently for three or four days. The pipe in question was set vertically over a valve. The kitty, one might say, was stuck in a well.

What do you think of this picture of a kitty?



I found out about the kitty in the well from a neighbor of the school. He said he had been hearing it for several days...3-4...and only today realized it must be down our well. I attempted to give the kitty something to climb up, but she (I don't really know if it was a girl or a boy) was too weak. I finally located a piece of rope, created a noose and looped her neck, despite my preference for looping a leg. I pulled her up and held her close. I took her to the shop and gave her an entire can of Oprah's food...Oprah was not pleased. The kitty, Helena, ate the entire can. And before I sent her to her new home, she ate another half! One of the Food Service ladies took Helena home with her. I believe she will live happily ever after.

The teachers are back...which seems to mean more work for me...maybe I should hope for a bunch of sub jobs...




Look, Toby can swim!


Oh, and for dinner, I made alfredo again...Cora approved.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! you really saved tht kity!!


good job toby! thts awesome!!!

kylee

frogglet said...

Glad you saved the Kitty and that she is not a new pet we have to watch on the weekends ;0)
Love Toby swimming he is so cute!

Lorrene said...

I love those rescue stories so much that I even watch reruns of them on TV. That is so cool that you saved Helena's life. I hope she turns out to be a girl with a name like that. It's time for Oprah to learn that she isn't the only kid on the block. I don't feel sorry for her.
Toby has talent.

Kim said...

Toby is tooo cute..
And you shouldn't make my daughter think you rescued that big Kitty..
Have a Great Evening..