Thursday, September 15, 2011

Water Containers

 This is my Photo Art Friday entry!  I hope you'll take a few minutes and drop by Pixel Dust Photo Art!
 I have several pictures I thought of entering, but these are the ones that won out.  I hope you approve.  The tea pots were on sale from anywhere around a couple US dollars to 15 or 20.  Here in the US, we saw some of the cheaper ones going for $40!!  We bought about 7 and I kinda wish we'd brought a few more back.  I upped the saturation and contrast then darkened it a bit.

The tower below is our local Del Monte plant.  It's about a century old someone was telling me.  I use my own texture, which I got from the end of an old tank car and touched up a bit to keep the center clear.  I upped the saturation and tone mapped, also altered the contrast AFTER I merged the layers.
I thought about the slightly less colorful version of this subject below, but Cora said the one above was the one.  I wonder if you agree.

Photo Art Friday

17 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Love the three different treatments and the effects achieved. They are each special, but I am a bit swayed by the colorful teapots! Thank you so much for showcasing your artwork at Photo Art Friday Jim.

LeAnne said...

Awesome images....all very special in their own right. I'm with Bonnie, the tea pots really grabbed me.

Laura lok said...

love the teapots so crisp and clear and the colors very well done

hannah said...

Hello there,
I love all those pots. such nice plain surfaces.

Teresa said...

Three very beautiful works and they are all lovely in their own right. I think the teapots are my favourite because it is such an unusual shot . . . .Teresa x

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

The first one is gorgeous !

johanna said...

it is fun to read about the different preferences... i like all 3 photos, but my favorite would be the third one:)

jade said...

They're great as usual - I can't pick a favorite one, sorry... am just sad there is none with the little miss on - haha! Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvanfire said...

They are all amazing! I really love the teapots! They would be beautiful printed and displayed in a kitchen or dinning room!!!!

Keep Creating!
Angie

Pat said...

The teapots look amazing all massed together! Great image!

Ida said...

Great photos. The "Teapots" do really stand out and are such a unique subject. I also like the second photo a great deal.

Unknown said...

They are all fantastic photos but the first one really captured my attention because of the subject matter, teapots and the gorgeous array of colors.

Bella Vida by Letty
Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

The teapots are really pretty & I actually like both of the tower images...

happy weekend

A Creative Grace said...

these are all amazing images, so interesting and well composed, the processing is just right, really captures the feel of each place or scene.

Lynne with an e said...

Love the teapots! I would have had a nervous breakdown trying to decide which to buy, and then a physical breakdown trying to lug them home with me. The photo will have to do.
I like the grittiness of the first water tower photo. The bright colours really emphasize the texture. The quieter version has an ominous feeling to it...like maybe a spaceship is about to land: the "before" (whatever hit the fan) picture.

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the Carnation Tower? About the same time frame and probably built by the same man. Good barns and fruits...mom

Marilyn said...

Jim, these are just wonderful. I love what you did with the water tower in the middle photo. I'm not sure what tone mapping is but it is gorgeous.
I do really like the teapots. It's the repetition and the various colors.