Monday, September 19, 2011

Another Barny Afternoon

 Above was taken at dawn, the light was on and shows red.

Below was also taken at dawn.  As usual, I upped the saturation and contrast.
As usual, it was a matter of poaching these barns.  No getting out to walk in and see them.

Those are hops behind.  Hops are used in beer, of course!  And they are a big business around here.  You can smell the hops in the evening and  morning as they harvest during this time of year.  Some like it (me) and some don't because of allergies (Cora)!

I hope you all have a good evening! Hop on over to Bluff Area Daily and have a look at all the barns!


12 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

This is the first time I've seen a hops farm!

Rose said...

I really like that first shot...

Mari said...

The are both just gorgeous! I love the processing~!

Carletta said...

Both shots are wonderful as are your edits!
I'm looking at the second image with the flowers and the trampoline and wondering if it's been turned into a home. Pretty cool.

Elaine said...

Two great shots!

Tanya Breese said...

beautiful morning light....great barns!

Jill Wellington said...

Neat shots, Jim. They look like HDR. I would love an HDR program for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

What awesome editing, Jimh, & I love the shape... I can't say that I've ever smelled hops during harvest =0

Thanks for joining Barn Charm =)

Jan n Jer said...

What a lovely setting this barn sits on. This is my first time seeing what a "hops" looks like..thanks for sharing!

Kim, USA said...

It's very gorgeous and love the landscape.

Barn Charm

Judy said...

I too have never seen a Hops farm. Love that second shot!

Bruce Clark said...

Great barn and the hops as a background make it even better...lol