Monday, September 12, 2011

Barn Charm Time Again!

 This first barn is in the Yakima Valley, not far from a winery and in the midst of several orchards.  I've shot this barn several times.  I did a little editing to get this.  I started with brightness and contrast, but really upped the saturation to get these colors.  I also took out a power line that sliced the scene.
This next one I took as I was headed to work.  The haze and the glare worked nicely to highlight the barn, one I'm sure you're familiar with by now.  I upped the contrast, warmed the scene and then did some local tone mapping.  They aren't works of art, but they work!  Be sure to stop by Barn Charms!


10 comments:

Ruta said...

I like the vibrant red on the first barn but the effects on the second shot...awesome!

Rose said...

I love both of these...not sure which one I like best.

Tanya Breese said...

love the colors on the first one!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors, haziness, and sunlight in the second shot. But both are good shots!

Debbie said...

these are really awesome....can't pick a favorite but i was really drawn to the effects of the second shot.

Anonymous said...

Oh so colorful in the 1st shot, Jim, but I LOVE the 2nd shot... the sunburst really PoPs the shot =)

Thanks so much for joining... =)

I didn't get a chance to get out experimenting this past weekend, but Autumn is on its way & I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be out & about very soon!

Laura lok said...

wow love that first shot

Small City Scenes said...

Well you sure made everything POP!! MB

Kim, USA said...

Awesome sight!

Barn Along I-96

Carole said...

Love that first barn. It's a beauty. That second shot, looks like they grow hops (I recognize the poles from around my own area). :-)

NoteworthyMusings