Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Forecast: Crappy

I was pretty pleased with myself yesterday.  I had managed to return our filter arrangement to working order for the fish tank.  (I broke the filter on Monday)

This morning, right before we left for work, we discovered all three of our fish in the reef tank were dead.  I am not sure what I did that killed them.  It may have been the dissolved oxygen content became too low, or maybe I had accidentally introduced a chemical to the tank, or maybe I overdosed it with something else.  It remains unclear.  The corals are still alive, as are the crabs and snails, so I don't really have much of a clue why just the fish died.  Still, it left me with a sour feeling in the pit of my stomach, all day.  I don't know why losing a few fish ruins my day so horribly, but I was in kind of a funk all day.

Cora's was similarly a crap-fest.  I think hers may have been worse than mine.  Mine wasn't bad, I just was not flying with both wings in the wind.

I'm still drawing, though not everything comes out as a good color sheet.

I don't know what this means for our fish tank days.  Continue?  End?  Another chapter?  I don't know.  Seems if it weren't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all, gloom, despair, and agony on me.  Yeah, i suppose i'm feeling sorry for myself.

On the bright side, I did have some pretty cute, and pretty awesome kids today.  They are enough to be happy about at times.

1 comment:

Lorrene said...

That is really sad that your fish died. I remember the little fish bowl setting on the coffee table with a little dead gold fish floating on top. We were all upset about it.