So, it is 420…I believe that is the way they write it. Check out some more info, both the true and the false here.
· Hitler’s birthday 1889 (hip, hip, hoo---ya know what, screw him, he doesn’t deserve a happy birthday wish)
· In 1862 Louis Pasteur begins pasteurization tests (did you know there are invisible organisms that live in our food!?)
· Pierre and Marie Curie refine Radium Chloride (Really, Pierre? I asked for a martini!)
· In 1918 Manfred von Richtofen (Red Baron,WWI ACE) shot down his 79th and 80th kills (shortly thereafter he himself was shot down and killed…some days it just pays to stay home.)
· Hitler went to the surface for the last time to award iron crosses to boy soldiers in 1945 (hmmm, I am still mad at him about the holocaust.)
· Bay of Pigs invasion becomes a failure in 1961. (well, maybe they should have planned to invade a bay that wasn’t full of pigs. Their landing boats were built to go through water…not pigs.Any fool could figure that one out)
· In 1972, Apollo 16 lands on the surface of the moon…(or does it? Some idiots still believe it was a hoax…I saw them attempting to disprove the moon landings on the history channel…some people have a lot of fracking time[Frack=word from the new Battlestar Galactica series, used as an expletive, useful in mixed company here on Earth])
· Columbine shootings took place this day. :-(
· The Baha’i Faith begins “Ridvan”(…whatever that is…it came up on the screen, I can only assume this is the day that people of the Baha’i Faith are allowed to sell their vans. )
Oh, and it is snowing right now. Cora walked out in the living room and pointed it out to me. I looked out the window and sure enough. Big Fat Flakes. Looks like we will be avoiding work outside this morning. Darn, I was so looking forward to physical activity. I suppose I shall have to put up with my eventual body shape resembling Jaba the Hut.
Given my proclivity for posting, I will probably post again. Snow. Hmmm.
On April 20, 1967, C-133 #90534 crashed just off Okinawa. The C-133, you will remember, is one of the aircraft I have blogged about. Still reading that book...very good.