Monday, December 8, 2008

Where I Illustrate that I Am Not A Sports Fan

I taught music today, which is to say I pushed PLAY on the DVD player. This was for a different music teacher than normal. I missed one class because of an unannounced assembly. I was beginning to set up the DVD player when the PE coach stepped in.

*Caution* Digression Warning!!!

OK, I am not sports oriented, let alone ambitious enough to do anything that might be even accidentally described as exercise. I don't really like watching sports either, though I don't mind watching football or NASCAR when the in-laws are around, because they are usually nice enough to explain it to me...otherwise, I am a bit of a dumbass when it comes to sports and I get easily distracted. (I am often distracted by the guys on the side of the field with HUGE camera lenses and begin wondering how much that lens cost and is it a really fast lens?) I think you get the idea.

So, because of my...ummm, disability...I may, at times, possibly imply that guys who lift weights, play sports, or do other things that might tear off parts of my anatomy, might be missing a few brain cells. It makes me feel better about myself, and I would never say it in earshot of them, since that would definitely spell the end of me, or, at least, the race to reassume ownership of my own body parts. (Except for my brother-in-law, who, while totally a sports fanatic, is also an all around awesome guy and he puts up with my-cough- "witty" banter concerning the game. At least when he explains it, it makes more sense...it even sounds fun. I probably would not mind playing these games... using someone elses body)

Anyway, so, there is my non-sportiness out in the open, the purpose of which is to show I usually think guys who are sports-minded are dorks. My brother-in-law illustrates that there ARE exceptions to the rule and that, given a different circle of friends, family, and DNA(different double helix in this case), I might have been sporty minded, too.

Oh, well, I guess it's just another day in the promised land.

2 comments:

frogglet said...

what an interesting day.
Where was the librian?

E said...

Remember out PE teachers? The girls had that big lesbo lady that would make us all get in the shower and stand there with her arms on the towels grinning saying "You were not wet yet!" "I didn't see you using soap" Perv. I hated her. Why wsn't there a hot guy or gal that everyone wanted to be in class to see?