Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Maintenance...

It's 630am and I still don't have a job, a sub job that is. The temperture outside is closer to 0F than it is to 1F, and I don't necessarily want to work Maintenance today since even though I think frostbite might be character building, I feel I have quite enough character, thank you very much. Of course, they will probably sit round the conference table for awhile discussing politics and world problems, still, that does not warm my heart, since sometime today I would end up working in a very cold place...mostly, I want to sit here beside the Christmas Tree and the Heat Vent if I can't teach today.

Doesn't some teacher at least have some frozen pipes? It is still possible I will get a call, it has happened before. It just isn't very likely. Dammit.

I don't think we have had temeratures like this, this early, for, what? 15 years? More than that possibly...yeah, I think in the late eighties it got this cold, but I am fairly certain Nature had the decency to wait until January to freeze so completely. Stupid Washington, days like this make me miss California.

1 comment:

frogglet said...

Well I am glad that you are not getting frostbite today. I hope you get stuff done.
Love ya