Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Space...The Final Frontier...


What began as a silly little enterprise and a bit of a challenge, turned out to be pretty fun and ended up being pretty neat. I mentioned a few posts ago that I had visited a few blogs that detailed how to take everyday items and make them into model spaceships. I thought it would be a fun thing to do. I was right.

I began with a superglue bottle and some styrene. I then glued it together with several different materials. One of those was the plastic string holding my earplugs from work together. Other things were the brass thingies from a Home Depot lock keying set and the thingy that reacts with the peroxide in my contact case.

Finally, last night, I got around to painting it. I think it turned out pretty cool.
Stupid blogger turned it vertical...stupid blogger. On the other hand, please imagine that the hand in the next photo is invisible...

Now, imagine flame shooting out of the ass-end of tht thing! Awesome, huh?

Not bad for my first time, I think. What do you folks think?

4 comments:

Lorrene said...

I think it's fantastic looking. I sure wouldn't come close to anything like that. Have you watched any of those prison shows that show the weapons the prisoners can make out of the strangest things.

Kim said...

NOT bad... looks pretty good..
Have a Great Evening..

Anonymous said...

I liked it better before you painted it! But it is still pretty neat! I think I like a bigger keyboard than this iPhone has. Oh did I mention that I have an IPhone? (just checking) Dad

frogglet said...

Great job. Now if you could just turn all of out garbage into spaceships and maybe it would fly away and our house would be clean!