Monday, November 17, 2008

Mondayday

The Sub Daze came to an end today. I was unable to obtain a sub job for the first time in almost 2 months. I was disappointed, but put the day to good use. I am still waiting for one for tomorrow. Cora reminded me that this is conference week at several of the schools and subs are unlikely to be needed for that...SIGH.

I cleaned at the house, premade dinner, did dishes and laundry, and finished some of the outside work. I mowed for the last time and put additive in the mower gas tank...I will be damned if this one finds the same fate of the last one. I also cleaned out some of the dead plants from the pots out front. I should have done more.

I went to town. I fueled my truck and did some running around. I also stopped at a hobby store and bought some "trusses." you know, the latice-like costruction on bridges? Well, this stuff is only an eighth of an inch wide and about 4 inches long and made of styrene. See, I have been having visions of my next spaceship...

I talked to my sister for awhile and got some ideas for Christmas. I also discovered tht they are REALLY into Geocaching. Sounds like my brother-in-law has now got three geocaches to his name, that is, ones he has set up for other people to find. I also found that my niece and nephews are geniuses, of course, I knew that already. My niece is four and is reading words...well ahead of others her age. My nephew is only three and seems to be into taking things apart and figuring out how they work. Geniuses, I tell you!

Oh, and surprise, I actually found these rectangular things called drawers that Cora has been talking about...apparently you can put clean clothes in them. I tried it out...they work well for that. The problem is that the coffee table continues to acquire new clean clothes. I had it almost cleared off for a time today, but I folded more clean clothes and it is now covered.

Oh, and I am watching "The Big Bang Theory" tv show for the first time...that is a fricking funny show! They talk about Star Trek the way my friends and I used to real nerds do. They also argue over technical items like transporters that my friends and I would I never would. Still, even though they are nothing like me, it is fun to watch.

Oh,and I made a good and healthy snack today...which could be a meal.

*Take the remainder of a tri-tip roast like they sell at Costco (pre-seasoned) cut it into 1/2 inch cubes.

*Take onion (as much as there is tri-tip) and cut into similar sized pieces.

*Dice up a few (2 or 3) garlic cloves.

*Sautee in tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of Bacon grease until onion is translucent, then add as much fresh spinach as seems suitable (1 1/2 cups to start) then cook till it is wilted.

*Serve, add a dash of salt and as much feta cheese as you like.

YUMMY!!!!!!!

3 comments:

frogglet said...

You are a nerd in so many ways but that is part of why I love you.

Alyson and Ford said...

Wow, you did alot around the house! It is time to winterize!

Thanks for stopping by our blog...

Alyson
Alyzabeth's Mommy
Forever Family Day 09/16/08

Kim said...

Wow.. great job today..
And I wish I could come home to a meal all ready..
Have a Great Week..
Hope you get some subing jobs..