Saturday, November 7, 2009

Stupid Post But Great Espanol!


Since about a month ago, I had been agonizing over a post for my airplane wreckchasing site. I had great big plans for it. It was my first post of a B-29 accident (For those of you who don't know, the B-29 was my first favorite bomber, and if you aren't a male, then you had just better go back to your Barbie Dolls and leave us men folk alone because you'll never understand it) and I wanted it to be special. I did a lot of reading. I read about the engines. I read about the economic, political, and military events of the era. I read about B-29. Then I read and reread the reports. I then wrote my post. Then I posted it, only a day late for the 62nd anniversary of the crash. I suppose it is acceptable. Given my other posts, I believe there to be fewer typos and mistakes, so all-in-all, it is a decent post. Still, sometimes you just want something to be more than it is.

So, what's next for that site? Obviously, I will try not to post anything before it is ready. I ordered some more information regarding the B-29, but I don't expect to see it for several weeks. I guess I will keep the posts just a little shorter. I like to post on that site a few times a month, but because that stupid B-29 post wasn't right, I put off posting to that site for over a month. Pathetic, huh?

So, I subbed in Wapato most of the week. It wasn't bad. I got stuffed into a Sped room on Friday when I was expecting to teach biology. It turned out to be a pretty good day, though, so I don't begrudge that change of plans.

I got complemented on my Spanish accent when I speak Spanish. Apparently I sound like I speak it better than I do...or possibly can. I have difficulty rolling my "Rs." One of the people I was working with asked me if I spoke Spanish, I said, no, very little. She seemed surprised because of the way I speak it. Cora suspects it is because I have learned a lot of my Spanish from kids who are native Spanish speakers. I suspect it is just 'cause I am...AWESOME!

The sun is shining outside. I suppose I had better get moving.


No comments: