Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pumpkin Executions, 2009

So, Halloween was yesterday. Cora and I had been meaning to carve our pumpkins all week. We finally got to it yesterday. These noble gourds met their fates under our blades yesterday! Here you see Cora gutting hers. I'd already scalped mine.
Here is what our front porch looked like...still does. Looks all nice and Fall-y, doesn't it?
I think Cora's was a very classic look. It complemented our porch very nicely.
Given the shape of our other pumpkin (Thanks Mom and Dad) we decided to attempt a Frankenstein-esque carving. I looked for some on-line but decided to make my own, based loosely on some I found. Unfortunately, none of our Facebook "Friends" recognized it for the genius it was...Have a look. I think I did ok.
See the bolts in his neck? I think it's genius, really. Still, not everyone recognizes fine art when they see it.

We DID do some grocery shopping. I got the ingredients for Fajitas and began making it when I realized I had not picked up a fajita seasoning packet. I quickly got on-line and found a simple recipe. It turned out wonderful! I made REALLY GOOD steak fajitas.

Cora made pumpkin seeds...well, she didn't make them, she roasted them. I was amazed at how good they turned out! WOW!! I won't eat store bought if I have a choice, now!

No big plans today, I might do some cleaning. Cora is probably going to be working on a dress.

3 comments:

sweet momma luv u said...

Did you use Allrecipes.com ? They always have so good recipes in a pinch.

Love your pumpkin. He is very artsy.... Your talent never ceases to amaze me.

Have a good Sunday!
Jody

frogglet said...

It was a fun day!

Kelly said...

I absolutely love roasted pumpkin seeds!