Monday, June 8, 2009

Rain that Flew in Sideways



So, Forrest Gump is my hero. "One day it started raining, and it didn't stop for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stinging...big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain that even seemed to come straight up from underneath." I love his thoughts on rain. Tonight's weather spectacular reminded me of that. It was also made up of the stinging kind.

I taught sixth graders today. It was a good day. The kids in the sixth grade class this year are a good bunch. I did not have any problems and basically had an easy day.

Tonight we went into town and then decided to have pizza instead of making something since it was late. I saw six kids in the short walk between the car and the pizza place. All of them said hi to Mr. H, except for one who knows my first name. All in all, it was cute, if a little embarrassing.

I don't know how successful I will be getting jobs on the last two days of school, but I will give it a shot.

2 comments:

Kim said...

That rain is crazy...
Sounds like a great day..
take care of your wifey..

Lorrene said...

That rain was something else. I didn't see it here.