Saturday, June 6, 2009

Early Morning Yard Sales

OK, not necessarily EARLY. More like mid-morning. We DID go yard saling and we found several good deals.

OK, that's not entirely true. I was along for the ride. So, Cora found lots of good deals. Notice, she is happy, I am working (Amittedly, I was concentrating on taking the picture, but lets not have that cloud your judgment! She's a husband abuser, really!)

We got a backyard play-cube for a steal! Did you know those things are almost indestructible? And hard to take apart as well!

She got tons of clothes for pennies on the dollar...I was enlisted to carry stuff.


It was actually not so bad. I enjoyed helping her out. I also made a find of my own cool thing. An antique lamp! Can you believe it was only $5.00?

What amazed me was that Cora said, "Yes." Obviously, my extreme good taste has worn off on her finally. It used to be I would find something cool and she would put her foot down and say, "NO! You are not having that ugly (insert cool thing here [If you don't know what a cool thing is, here are a few: Elephant Head, Elvis on Black Velvet, Jesus on Black Velvet, Jesus AND Elvis on Blak Velvet, a Pair of Antlers, a Jeep Front End, a Rusty Unidentifiable Metal Thing, etc.]) in our living room! We may someday want guests!" As you can see she is usually quite narrow minded. Maybe I can convince her to let me get an airplane propeller and hang it on the wall! Keep your fingers crossed!

After we were finished yard saling we went on to bigger and less enjoyable things...like work. But that, as they say, is another story.

4 comments:

frogglet said...

Pick your battles that is what I say. I had fun, today and I still think I got a bit of work done.

Kim said...

Great job ...
Love the lamp..
Have a great Sunday..

Lorrene said...

Yes, that lamp was a steal. It's beautiful. I stopped at one the other day and everything was truly ready for the city dump and they wanted big prices. Who is going to pay $1.50 for a stupid catalog? I get them for free every day.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Grandma L about the lamp. You got a steal. I read your wife's blog about the new shoes. So you should be close to being as ready as you can be. Now for the labor pains to start... love you, mom