Thursday, March 13, 2008

Musical Day

I taught music classes at the elementary today. It was FUN!! I got a kick out of the kids. They asked me to dance and I told them I could not, because my wife says it looks like I am being chased by bees. One child said she would not sing (that’s what we were supposed to be doing) unless I danced for them. I put my hands on my hips and moved my head back and forth and said, in my gangsta accent, “It’s on!” I heard that the kids thought that was the greatest when I got to the lunch room. Apparently they think I am very funny…it doesn’t take a whole lot to impress 3rd graders. It was loads of fun though. I am certain that you could combat old age simply by being around kids for a few hours a day…of course, it would be important that you have not lost all of your childishness. I have plenty.

We went to dinner at Applebee’s. Neither of us felt like making dinner. Now we are back home, sitting in our chairs, using the laptops. Now that is heaven. Oh, Monday, I go in and get one of my molars removed. This is to allow me to get a bridge…yeah, what lovely teeth I have.

Well, I teach again tomorrow. Again at the elementary. Different class. Still fun. Well, I need to go figure out what will help my sore muscles…apparently, I WAS dancing…dammit.

1 comment:

momtoo said...

What grade did you teach this time? I think "dance" is one of the first thing that primative man did right after inventing "fire". So it should come natural for you since you have mastered making "fire" for you to cook dinner on. You know your backyard fire pit? Anyway I like your blog. Thanks to your wife I now know how to find it. Enjoying reading your past messages.