Friday, March 28, 2008

I Said Dr., Mister MD, Can You Tell Me What's Ailing Me!?


“I went to my family Dr. and asked him just what I had, I said Dr., Mr. M.D., can you tell me what’s ailing me. He said, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah…” What you need is some Anti-biotics, some Sudafed, and some Benadryl. By tomorrow you won’t be contagious. Oh, and you are NOT dying.

I stepped out into the office to pay the extortionist. As I did, I glanced out the window. It wasn’t bad enough the Dr. told me I was perfectly fine, and should be fine by Monday, but it was now snowing. Crap. I thought we were done with snow. It snowed till almost 2 PM.

I spent the rest of the morning running around buying too much stuff. Well, it was stuff we needed for the trip. I began to feel better by noon. I am feeling much better now. I kind of think the Dr. was a waste of money, but at least I now know I don’t have pneumonia or bronchitis. The anti-biotics will probably help, too.

So, tomorrow, we drop off the dogs, then flee for Portland. We will probably relax a bit and then leave early in the morning for the airport. We expect to arrive in Phoenix about 930AM. From then on we expect to relax and enjoy the experience. We only have two things planned specifically for a particular day, the rest we can do or not do as we see fit (4X4 trip and the AMARQ tour). I can’t wait!

My parents will be watering the fish and our neighbors will be watching the place. The dogs will be watched…all will be well.





So, next Friday Battlestar Gallactica comes on for its final season. Frack! I might miss it…well, I will miss it live, but we have a DVR, so missing it is not possible, barring some unusual bend in time and space. I have been a loyal viewer since it began. They played a couple “behind the scenes” specials on it tonight. I am ready to watch it…not sure I am happy about this being the final season…but last March is when they played the last new one…maybe it was last May…but the thing is it took them FOREVER to get to the new season!! Am I a Sci-Fi freak? No. Well, if you keep it to yourself and don’t tell anyone, yes.




Well, I have to pack…well, Cora’s done it for me…but I feel the need to participate…

1 comment:

frogglet said...

Glad your not dead and feeling better. I guess you can go with me, since you went to the Dr. You know our luck if you did not go you would be running a high fever right now.