Sunday, March 20, 2011

Satellite AKA Moon

So, according to several sources, last night marked the first time in almost 20 years that the Full Moon was as big as it was.  This is because it happened to be full right at perigee (the closest it comes to Earth during its monthly orbit), so it looked bigger than normal.  Sure enough, it did!  It took awhile for it to come out of a patch of clouds here, but it did look somewhat larger than the norm.

Here, have a look, I snapped a few photos before heading off to bed with a cold capsule and a sip of cough medicine.

This is what the photo looks like after I have cropped and tweaked it.  I upped the contrast and made it darker to draw out the details.  My lens is pretty good, but I need a telescope that mounts a 35mm and has a worm-drive if I want to do astro-photography too much.

 This is the before shot.  I chose it because it seemed the most in-focus.  It doesn't look impressive, unless you compare it to others I've taken.
 (shuffle, shuffle, dig, dig, toss...crash)  nope, darn it.  I put those on another hard drive.  Just take my word for it.  It looks bigger.

I'm feeling better than I did yesterday...I think.  That's a good thing, since we have things to do.


I'll leave you with a photo Cora took while trying to show the clippy she had just made.  Chloe was being less than cooperative.  I was attempting to get her to look at the camera by holding a toy off to the side...yeah, right.

No comments: