Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wanna Trade?

So, I reposted the Buick on Craig's List this afternoon.  I got a call about 45 minutes later.  The voice on the other end of the line was difficult to understand.  Finally, I realized he wanted to know if I would trade.  I repeated it out loud.  Cora began saying, "NO! NO! NO!" with her eyes and mouth, because she pictured of us getting another vehicle in the trade.  I repeated the trade part so he would understand.  Cora began doing sign language (I think that's what it was) trying to tell me NO! I asked him, "For what?" I ignored her antics, as she prepared to do a hand stand to get my attention and make me say no to something that must truly be worthwhile if this man want to trade it for the Buick.  

He said, "A 'men's' bracelet, with diamonds."

...

blink, blink, blink

...

uncomfortable pause...

...


I finally picked up my jaw and managed to repeat this so Cora could hear.  Then I said, "No."

I thought for sure he would be trading a vehicle, even a snowmobile or a motorcycle or a gun...but a men's bracelet?  First, I didn't know they MADE men bracelets, and second I didn't know "MEN" WEAR bracelets!  (Am I calling your manliness into question if you wear a bracelet?  MAYBE!)  I can't even imagine what made him think..."You know, I really want a thirty-three year old car with some flaws, and I have this manly bracelet just gathering dust that I'm not using...maybe the guy will trade! Yeah, that's it!"  What the hell!?!?!

He had the audacity to sound disappointed, then he hung up.

OK, then.  Back to the rest of the day.

We got up at a decent time and then finally got moving.  We went to town and did some shopping and then came home.  Cora began sewing and I worked in the yard.  I fertilized the various plants in our yard and did a few chores...you know, took the garbage out, etc.  I also put two coats of paint on the sign.  Then I delivered the paintings I had made a couple months ago.  I think the family that got them, loved them.  I am proud to say, I have another happy customer!  Makes me happy.

We had a steak, potatoes, and broccoli for dinner.  I also opened a bottle of Gnarly Head Zinfandel...not a bad wine!  Yummy!

I finished my day watching Dr. Who...how could a day go better?

2 comments:

frogglet said...

what? I guess I will have to return the bracelet I bought you with that money I have been saving for your D90.

Diana, Eric, and kids said...

MISTAKE! You should have done the trade and Cora would be sporting an AWESOME manly diamond bracelet. Diamonds are a girl's best friend!!