Saturday, June 26, 2010

So...FIRE Happens on Friday, After All.

You all know of my heroic deeds Friday in saving the school and at least two lives from fire...however, I am not all seeing and all knowing, so I was unable to save other places from fire.

The place we lived for two years went up in flames.  Well, that's not entirely true.  The fruit packing warehouse that was nearby (as in on the same property) apparently went up in flames Friday night.

That is sad.  I wandered through that place off season.  It was a fascinating place, but made from old dry timber with plenty of cardboard and other flammable things, now that I think on it.  Yet, I can't imagine why or how it went up in flames.  That is a sad sad thing.

When I was the weigh master, the fresh side would bring bins of cherries over and weigh them.  These would eventually become maraschino cherries.  I wish I could remember what happened in the process, I know the weight must have changed, but I will be darned if I can remember how Pedro explained it to me.

you can go here and here to see what the news crews saw...probably from our old front door.

1 comment:

frogglet said...

I am still in awe, Glad everyone was Ok. It was interesting to see reporters standing in our old front yard.