Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Work


Yesterday we ended up buying a pine dresser for BB. It was unfinished, hence the price we paid. We deliberated for quite some time on what shade of stain to put on it (last time we painted them and we are still unhappy with that). Finally we decided on a darker stain. Cora's sister had suggested using a gel stain that you just wipe off with a rag. Since Cora was in charge of staining it, I let her decide. It turned out ok, but I think that having someone else do it would be a better alterntive.

While Cora worked, I put the last of the geraniums in th ground, put in a new soaker hose and killed some weeds. I also took some pictures of Cora working like a busy little bee.

We are both somewhat beat by our day of labor! I plan to BBQ/smoke a steak and make Cora a decent dinner. I hope everyone else has a good Mother's Day, and I also hope you will rest assured I am doing my best to make sure Cora is enjoying hers.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like fun..
Have a great week..

Lorrene said...

I think you made a fine choice on the dresser. It's looking good so far.

frogglet said...

It looks good but it is going to need another coat. I hope we have a memorial day with out rain and we can finish it.