Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Left Overs, Pics


Here we are relaxing by the pool! The weather was spectacular! The company was even better.


One of my nieces wanted in the house, how could you say no to a face like that?
Cora, looking beautiful...as usual. Yes, I really DID get her to marry me!

Relaxing on the couch.
I taught sixth graders again. Guess what! I do again tomorrow, too! For some weird reason the sixth grade teachers like me. Tomorrow is for yet a different teacher. Today, I inadvertently got the class into trouble with the PE teacher. I took them to PE and suggested he have them run a couple of extra laps to get their energy out. He asked if they had been giving me problems. I, not necessarily being one to lie when given such a question, mentioned that I had made them put their heads down for about 5-7 minutes. They wouldn't shut up. It was a low rumble of voices and not one particular voice stood out. Also, it gave me a chance to get some of the sub instructions in order. The kids said the PE teacher was most displeased with them while they were at PE. On the brightside, they were perfect little angels after that.

Cora's Mom and Dad went fishing this last weekend. They were successful and gave us a half of a fish...OH, HOW I LOVE SALMON caught by my wonderful In-Laws! Cora made the glaze to put the salmon in and I started the BBQ. It took a while, but oh, the wait was well worth it! I apologize, I did not get a photo. It did not last long enough to take a picture of-we were both starving.
.
I added some extra touches to the painting I have been working on...guess Cora makes dresses faster than I paint. Still, one step closer though!
.
Tomorrow should be another nice day with the same great bunch of teachers!

2 comments:

Lorrene said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend house/dog sitting. Fresh Spring Salmon cannot be beat. They gave me some a couple weeks ago.

frogglet said...

It was a great weekend and I am so happy it is Thursday. Hope it is nice this weekend too!
The fish was awesome!