Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Rig

 On my drive to work each day, I see an old drill rig.  It is set up and away from the road, so it has taken me awhile to work up the nerve to go shoot it.  I decided to go ahead and do it on the way home today, since I glimpsed some clouds in the sky and that makes for more interesting pictures.
 I decided to warm up the photos.  You can see the warmer color.

One of the schools I sometimes work at has some workers that all the other schools' workers jokingly refer to as the circus freaks or clowns.  Alternatively, they sometimes refer to it as Munchkin Land.  I think it has something to do with that particular bunch being...peculiar.  The other day they requested that I remove some doors from a closet.  Four heavy fire doors.  They needed to be put in storage.

They insisted I would need AT LEAST another set of hands if not more because these doors were just SOOOO heavy.  They began describing the doors as 200lbs each.  This figure steadily grew and at one point the doors each topped out at four hundred pounds in their descriptions.  I decided to investigate, since I know the source.  I walked in and could move them by myself.

They WERE heavy, let there be no doubt about that, but they were NOT 200 lb doors.  I moved them and put them in our storage area.  Today, I heard nothing but praise for my superior strength from them.  I am certain I am one of the weaker individuals in the district, so that praise does not really mean much, but the important thing is they are happy.

I need a vacation.

I am thinking beachy thoughts...

No comments: