Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another Wreck

So, this weekend, a friend of mine invited me to come along and visit a wreck.  It is one which I have attempted to visit in the past, but my lack of a 4X4 kept me from it.  He has a 4X4 and has been to it before, so I expect that we will have a better chance.  The P-38 in question was one of those that experienced compressability, something the P-38 is famous for (when it was in a dive it approached the sound barrier and its controls lost the ability to change the craft's attitude and therefore the craft just kept going until it broke apart or hit the ground), and broke apart shortly after the pilot jumped out.  It is spread between two valleys and should be an interesting day.

Yesterday, was my second day back to one of the local schools.  I was met with more love and affection than I expected!  It was nice!  My fifth grade class was awesome, too.  The staff was a pleasure to see, and it was just a good day.

A friend of mine was in a severe accident this last weekend.  He is in Harbor View Hospital on the West side.  It sounds like he is going to be ok, despite many broken ribs, a punctured lung, and an arm broken in two places.  The guy just can't catch a break.  This spring he broke his foot/ankle when a horse stepped on him.

We cleaned all weekend and I worked on it further on Monday.  The house is looking good.  I also added some baby proofing to the cabinets.  I soon disabled some of the baby proofing because, let's face it, it's annoying not being able to open things when you want.  And, it may be a couple months before the bay gets here.  I guess I jumped the gun.

Music for me for the rest of the week, the usual!  

1 comment:

frogglet said...

Hope you have fun on your "chase" The house looks awesome.
It is amazing when you can be considered lucky for having all those injuries but he has his life that that is what is important, hope he heals quickly.