Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Giving Soul

My daughter has a giving soul.  If she finds a rock on the ground, chances are she'll offer it to you.  If she has a snack in her fingers, she'll offer it to the dog, allowing him to sniff and sometimes lick it and then she eats it, though usually she gives it to the dog. Yes, she is sweet.  She caught a cold.

and gave it to me.

Sweet little girl.

I'll describe it to you if you like.  I know you don't want it, but is one of my few pleasures, so bear with me.

It feels like I got up in the middle of the night and chewed on broken bottles and then swallowed the broken bits without aid of a glass of water.  It also feels like someone inflated a small inner tube around my neck.  I am not feeling well, but it could be worse.  If I didn't have a job I'd stay home.

I taught PE yesterday and will again all week...on the down side I yell a lot...stupid acoustics.  By the end of the day yesterday, my voice sounded like a jeep on a gravel road.  I'm going to try to use the whistle more and the voice less...but we'll see how that goes.

So, it's Tuesday.  That much closer to the weekend.  I wish this damned cold would evacuate like the inhabitants of a town next to a nuclear power plant in an emergency...how's that for analogies?

The daughter, upon finding she gave me something I did not want will probably just stick her tongue out.  At least she would if she knew what sticking your tongue out was for, other than a cool way to detect wind gusts and taste bugs.  Here she is practicing the tongue-sticking-out thing.

1 comment:

jade said...

Hope you don't have to go see the doctor as well now! Get well soon, regards, Jade