Friday, July 17, 2009

Garden


I walked out to the bck yard the other evening and took a few pictures. I had intended to post them immediately, however, I seem to have caught the LAZIES in reguard to my blog. I think I have been just too tired to do much.

So, enjoy these pictures of summer...I keep getting little reminders that Autum is on it way...stupid stores and their bck to school sales that start in early July!
Squash and Zucchini in the unmowed part of the lawn...since it is now garden. Cora's brilliant idea was to use part of our yard for growing things...works nicely!
above you see Tomatoes, Cukes, and Corn...if you look closely you might be able to see peas growing up on the corn and cilantro and basil growing in the spaces in between.
When I returned to the back door, I heard a loud little bird in the tree,I looked up to see this little fellow enjoying our thistle in that sock thingy. He was abou 6 feet away and unbothered by my presence.

2 comments:

Lorrene said...

You hit on another one of my pet peeves. Advertising school things the minute summer arrives. Why can't we enjoy it a little before we start thinking about fall. I love the pictures, as always.

frogglet said...

I am so happy we have a garden this year.