Friday, June 15, 2012

Last Day!! Back to Reality.

 Yesterday was my last day teaching at Wapato least until I sub again next year.  It was a great experience with some great people.  I have new friends whom I cherish because of their help and humor, and  I have a few stories.  I think it's the teachers, staff, and kids that makes a school and you don't know it until you leave.  I felt as welcome as a late comer can, I suppose.  It was a good year and I managed not to screw up (that in itself was a feat!).

We had a barbecue and small get together with staff at the end of the day.  It was fun.  The principal got up and thanked us and then gave the members of the staff some going away presents.  I got a T-shirt, hat, pennant, and a magnet.  The teachers who'd been there longer got plaques.  I was hoping for a flak jacket, but I think you have to be there longer for that.

 As I was heading home I stopped to take some pictures of the rapidly ripening cherries.  The farmer never unlocks the cable across the road between orchards.  But he did yesterday!  So I trespassed and took a few photos.  It was a little unsettling to have the bird cannon go off not too far from me.  I think I was more startled than the birds, who kept chirping in the trees.  As I was heading back to the truck, a jet flew over and I looked up.  There was a spectacular...uh...sunbow?  Anyway, whatever it was (when I remember the name it won't be important), it was cool.
 I went home, since it was nap time, and mowed the lawn.  I did some dishes and a load of clothes.  Then I relaxed for awhile and read a new book.  Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  It's similar to Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.  I've been enjoying these books that re-imagine reality.

Soon it was time to go get Chloe, who slept a little longer than normal, so I visited with my mother-in-law for awhile as we waited for Chloe to rise from the depths of sleep.  When we got home I spent a lot of time looking for Lovey and Bear, which had gone missing.  I cleaned off the counters and had let the kitty out.  Chloe laid in a chair, drank some milk, and watched "Baby Doctor Owie Show."  (Also known as The Little Couple.)

The phone rang and the people on the other end proved to be my parents.  Chloe, of course, HAD to talk to them.  The following pictures are a result of the phone being taken from me and she having an extended conversation with them.  I'm not sure who enjoyed it more!

Something tells me this will NOT be the last time I see her doing this.

1 comment:

Lorrene said...

Cherries,the best in the West.
Teens no longer have phones hooked to their ears, it is now hooked to their fingers, while they text. Much more sensible then saying the words out loud to someone!!! Cute pictures of Chloe and her grammy and grampy.