Saturday, September 18, 2010

SaturDRIVE

bridge

I went for a drive today whilst Cora visited with her sisters.  I enjoy exploring.  I chose to go down south of Satus…basically a whistle-stop for the railroad if my understanding is right.  I found all sorts of cool things.

Sprinkler fence

I found a Native American cemetery and learned about new cultures…

cemetery

Took a picture of Cora’s car…turns out I am no longer allowed to take it on gravel roads. 

car

I found a new friend…a SIDE-BLOTCHED LIZARD.

SIDEBLOTCHED LIZARD 2 DSC_0056 SIDEBLOTCHED LIZARD

Saw these…Chukars?

DSC_0073 birds

At the point where I decided to turn around I saw this.  It took me a moment to realize that the designation on the metal tank referred to a jet engine…The J-57 was the engine used by several fighters and the B-52 during the 1950s and 1960s.  This was what they shipped them in.  Cool, huh?

DSC_0080

Here’s a barn…I keep taking pictures of barns…

DSC_0087

Landscape, this one goes against the “thirds” doctrine of photography…but I like it anyway.

DSC_0098

I saw a herd of buffalo…or bison.

DSC_0103 DSC_0108

Check out the one with the afro!

DSC_0114

Basically it was a tour of our valley during harvest…

DSC_0119

Below are wine grapes…I love wine.

DSC_0130

It was a very good day, until i got a major headache.  It made it difficult to drive and I ended up hiding my head under a pillow for an hour while the Tylenol kicked in…other than that it was a good day.