Friday, December 23, 2011

The Pleasures of Sesame Street and Traditions!

It's 7AM, what are you watching on TV?  Here, at our house, it's Sesame Street.  Ahh, the pleasures of toddler devoted programming.  Today's show is about siblings.  Hurrah.

Speaking of siblings, my sister discovered something in her closet yesterday.  Click here and see the first picture, in that picture you will see the stuffed animals that my sister and I have been passing back and forth for over 20 years.  That is what she found in the closet.  We have been coming up with more and more devious ways of delivering the animals into each other's homes or arms.  One time my sister gave the animals to us on an airplane.  Another time I sent the animals to an aunt in Colorado, where she ambushed my sister with them as gift.  When my sister held an open house shortly after buying her first house, the animals found their way into her basement.  when we moved back from California, the animals came to help pack!  Ah, I love tradition!  

For the past week or so, I have been dropping hints, via texts, to see if she had located them.  Each time I was somewhat dismayed that she had not located them yet.  She had nearly caught me as I was arranging them in her youngest's bedroom.  I had explained that Chloe needed to be changed.  Thankfully, I had changed Chloe first, so had a diaper to offer my nosy sister when she came in and almost caught me!  I quickly hid the bag in the closet when she left, hand full of diaper.

Christmas is coming fast.  I think we are caught up on gifts.  I'd love to get more for Cora, but more would mean time and money that we don't necessarily have.

I took this picture at a local church.

No comments: