Monday, October 17, 2011

Hazy Shades of Barns

 I went with some oldies but goodies today.  I reworked both of these until they cried.  The clouds made me happy in both, but especially so in the second.  I hope you will click on over to Bluff Area Daily to see some other barns!  I think it's a great thing to show some of the architecture from bygone eras, and it's a wonderful way for people to get their work noticed.  Thanks to Tricia at Bluff Area Daily, we get to see barns from across the country.  It's the kind of thing that can blunt the sharp pain that is Monday.



And so the week begins.  My kids are going to make a presentation today on what it means to be human.  Friday I discovered that the computer up front won't show on the screen like it did three weeks ago...now I have to figure out why the heck that's happening and then grade countless presentations.  I can only hope I figure out why it isn't showing and that those kids who took the time to make powerpoints can present, otherwise we're going to have a crappy day, and by we I mean me.

Chloe got more sleep last night, but not nearly as much as she does when she isn't sick.  Same goes for mom and dad...

The weather is finally beginning to turn.  I don't think we've gotten a frost yet, though in years past we have had snow on Halloween...so, what's up with the weather this year?  Let's just get this unpleasantness we call Fall and Winter over with so we can go back to the good seasons, shall we?

9 comments:

Rose said...

The barns are wonderful...but you got it all wrong...well, partly wrong at least to my of thinking;)...Fall is wonderful! I even like winter for snow pictures, but I do get tired of cold and dressing in layers.

Tanya Breese said...

i love both of these....so halloween-ish!

A Creative Grace said...

I like the heavy processing here, it works really well :)

Jan n Jer said...

Looks like you had fun with the edit program. I love the second one...it looks like an oil painting!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! and I like how you put that... blunt the sharp pain that is Monday! LoL! =)

Thanks for joining

Jill said...

Wow! These are fantastic!

genie said...

i adore your used of texture in these photos....stunning. I am curious to know what you used is you want to share. The captures with their processing are just beautiful. Kudos on a job well done. genie

Angela said...

That's cool!

Mari said...

Cool barn - but amazing skies! Your processing is great!