Saturday, September 19, 2009

Goin' To A Museum!!

Most of you know that nothing makes me happier than a museum...ummm, errr, except my wonderful, lovely wife, who lets me go to museums. Well, today Cora has bowed to my whimpering and whining. We are going to go to Everett, Washington, to the Flying Heritage Collection to be there for their last fly day of the season. They fly aircraft in their collection every so often, to keep pilots current and to use the machines (keep 'em lubricated, etc.). They do this throughout the summer. I have never been, so when I discovered they would be flying an Me-109 and firing a German Flak gun...well, I had to go see for myself.

The Boeing Restoration Center is there, too, as is the Stormbirds Project hangar. I my also be able to see one of the Guppy-fied 747s that Boeing is using for their new 787! You can see some more views of Paine Field Boeing plant here, this gentleman runs a neat site.

So, I go armed with a camera and an aviation enthusiast's silly grin! Cora tags along because I told her she could stop at a store...silly girl, the only store she will see is the gift shop at the museum!!! Wah-ha-ha-ha-haaaa! My evil schemes are so fun!

Well, we might stop at a few of her stores on the way back...

1 comment:

frogglet said...

Arrgh, that means we better stop at a store or you may never see the inside of a museum, ship, plane or anything historic again. It may truly being your dying wish, Arrgh.

love ya.