Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's All Good

I usually lament the end of summer about this time of year.  I don't think I quite feel that way this year.  I'm not sure why.  I know we were aiming to create an oasis in our backyard, however, that never happened.  Our sweet darling daughter makes mobility between inside and outside a little less easy.  Our nights this summer have been...painful.  She has not gone down easy and so it is a team effort to get her down.  No one gets to sit outside quietly unconnected to the horrors going on inside.

Cora's new job, Chloe and me getting sick, my job, and a dozen other small things all added up to us not quite experiencing the summer we had imagined.

there are worse things, though.  

That haze there at the lower part of the photo is smoke from the Taylor Bridge Fire near Cle Elum, Washington...some forty miles away, as the crow flies.

So far, at least 70 houses have been burnt and several thousand acres of land.

I have spent the last two days pressure washing the exterior of a school.  Seems the more I do it, the more I find that needs to be sprayed.  It's all good, though, I have been listening to books on my Kindle.  Particularly the books in the Kate Daniels series.

No one bothers me.  I like that.  

I sat in the bathroom as Chloe bathed.  At one point, she turned her head toward me and gave a knowing grin...she was drinking the bath water from a cup.  Could be worse.  Life is good.

No comments: