Saturday, August 11, 2012

Is This Love?

 You've all heard the song, "Is This Love" by Whitesnake, right?  No?  Oh.  Okay, here, have a listen.



Okay.  Now you've heard it.  I think I might be in love with this lens.  I've had it for two days and I think I like carrying it around for the fun pictures alone!  It requires a different mindset.  You have to get close.  I mean CLOSE!!  
 It is a WIDE angle lens.  For the picture of the house below, I was standing about 5 or 6 feet from the corner of the house.
 I was almost ONE the truck.
 I was right on the pole.
 It is a fast lens, too, which means it has an aperture that lets more light in and I can take pictures at faster shutter speeds or in darker places without fear of moving the camera and blurring the image.

This lens has a neat way of showing the sun.  It causes bright light sources to have 18 point stars.  Which is funny, since I was in to Best Buy looking for a cheap UV filter to protect the lens from bumps and dirt (I get a little careless when jumping in the vehicle on a photo drive).  They were out of cheap ones and I didn't want to pay 40 bucks for the next step up.  I asked if they had some in back.  The guy that came up held out a filter.  I looked at it, immediately reading, "That's an 'Eight Point Star Filter.'" out loud, and he looked at it as though it were some other-worldly entity.  And he went back to the drawing board, soon finding the forty dollar version I wished to avoid.  I think his computer was missing a few chips.

But really?  Who wants eight points when you can have THIS MANY!!    


 I took about 30 minutes yesterday on the way home and took some pictures with my new lens.  Not exactly world class material, but fun to experiment with!
Today, I think we will go down to the tri-cities for a bit.  I'll take the camera, too!  I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!

1 comment:

Lorrene said...

I can't believe you're actually going to take your camera. ha ha ha ha.
You are getting some interesting pic's.