Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Few Last Shots

 On a Walk through Guangzhou's famous market district, we saw a number of things for sale.  From Tiger Claws to Dried Star Fish.  From dried lizards to dried snakes.

 or the ever-present giant dried fungus.
 Still, the people were fascinating to see.  I cannot stress enough how comfortable I felt walking the streets in China, yet in similar places here at home, I would definitely question walking around without a few friends.



 Did I ever mention I think I ran into Picachu?


 We became a family in Guangzhou.  We all became much more comfortable with each other.
 And we weren't the only family that thought so.  I wish we'd take the camera to breakfast once, since many of the families there were in the same situation with a whole bunch of the same issues!  We had Chloe, whom everyone thought was a sweet little girl.  (Of course, Cora and I knew better from our experiences with Chloe at night)

 Yet, during the day time, she seemed such a sweet little girl!
 but when you asked her to go to bed she became a holy living terror...but after she gave up, she was a sweet little girl who was asleep.

 And this is the bed we got down on our knees and worshiped.  You have no idea how important a soft bed is until you sleep on something like we slept on in Changsha!  It was like going from concrete beds to something with a mattress.  Chloe felt the same since she slept peacefully in her crib.  Oh, those were the days.  

She was such an out-going little girl, who knew she would continue such expansions?  She continues to be fearless and wonderful.  Even now, when she can sometimes be a handful, I am proud to know that I am the one she calls "Daddy."
I'm a lucky man.  I have a lovely wife and a wonderful daughter.  Who could ask for anything more?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was fooled too, she had and has the sweetest face, but now I'm going by your word ,but pictures tell it in a thousand words.She has grew so much but she still has the same sweet face. Love it!!
Aunt Carol

jade said...

I'm glad for you. And for Cora. And above all for Chloe. Enjoy the time you get to spend together, it goes by so quickly. I can't believe I've been following you all for over a year already! Looking forward to many more news and smiles and pictures off your adventures as a family. Hope you're all well in the meantime.
Kind regards, jade

Alyson and Ford said...

So sweet! Love the memories!
(as you know by now, you are the proud owner of a Florida lemon too).

Alyzabeth's Mommy